Almost immediately after the release of Minecraft 1.19.4, the first snapshot of the upcoming Trails & Tales update – 23w12a was presented. Now it will be much easier to access experimental features. There were also some new features that you can try out now.
Main changes in snapshot 23w12a:
- all experimental features (archaeology, hanging signs, armor customization, new biome, etc.) are now available by default and do not require activation of the datapack;
- added suspicious gravel and new shards for archeology;
- a new structure has been added – Trail Ruins (the ruins of an ancient civilization), in which you can find unique templates for customizing armor;
- added an ornamental plant that can be found by the sniffer;
- added sniffer egg;
- text on signs can now be edited;
- each side of the sign can contain its own text and coloring;
- a calibrated scaling sensor has been added, which can be tuned to a specific vibration frequency.
Numerous bugs have also been fixed, related to the latest updates.