All owners of Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10 can now participate in Minecraft beta testing with RTX technology. To do this, you need to download a special version of the game through the Xbox Insider Hub, as well as use the new Nvidia video cards. To demonstrate all the features of the new rendering, several free maps were created.
To run this version of Minecraft, you must use a graphics card GeForce RTX 2060 GPU or higher. If you have a licensed digital version of the game for Windows 10, then to participate in the RTX test you need to follow these steps:
- Install the latest video card drivers.
- Install the Xbox Insider Hub app from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.
- Find Minecraft for Windows 10 in games list;
- Join the test, and when requesting the version, select Minecraft for Windows 10 RTX Beta.
- After that, you will be redirected to the store and the installation of the game will begin.
Please note that saved worlds from the beta version cannot be continued in the standard game, so do not use important saves for the test or make backups of them. Minecraft with RTX supports online play, but only between beta testers.
The developers also realized the ability to create special resource packs that will take into account the properties of materials. With their help, it will be possible to set the parameters of reflection and refraction of rays for all surfaces in the game, which will enable texture creators to fully reveal the potential of RTX.