Mojang continues to release snapshots without noticeable for most players changes. Before the release of 1.18, the main efforts are focused on optimizing and transferring the old worlds to the new version.
The main changes in the snapshot 21w44a:
- the new world generation is used below zero height when updating the chunks of the old generation;
- when playing Realms, you can now view notification settings and difficulty levels;
- added Allow Server Listings setting, with which the player can disable the display of his nickname on the server;
- sleep releases the weather only if it is raining at this time;
- setting the simulation distance also affects blocks and fluids;
- entity collision is optimized.
Also fixed many bugs. For example, the absence of a hip in Nezer and some caves.