Like most recent snapshots, 21w42a contains a minimal number of changes. The most notable of them was the new tracks. The world generation has also been slightly tweaked.
List of changes in snapshot 21w42a:
- added new background music in the main menu and in the upper world;
- added new turntable head, “Otherside” by Lena Raine;
- world generation slightly changed;
- the spawn point is now better chosen;
- lava sources can be generated in mountains and snow biomes;
- water springs no longer appear above the 192nd height;
- gold ore per month is generated closer to the surface
Also, a new option has been added to the graphics settings that allow you to display the autosave process in a single game.