After many experimental snapshots that could not be downloaded directly from the launcher, the first official one, 21w37a, became available. All new features of world generation were transferred to it, as well as many other changes. Performance has also been improved, thanks to which the game has become much more stable, although it is still significantly inferior to the release versions.
The main features of the snapshot 21w37a:
- many new biomes, including mountain peaks, mountain meadows, and more;
- the height of the world has been changed, in total it is now 384 blocks;
- changed spawn settings for some mobs, including mountain goats and axolotls;
- added new types of caves: tangled, drip, overgrown, and others;
- completely reworked the ore distribution.
The new can be downloaded from any launcher now.