If you are missing something cute in Minecraft, try to play with the Better Dogs texture pack. It adds over 30 different dog breeds, each with two to four variations. All you have to do is tame the wolf and see what kind of dog it turns into. The wolf can become a Corgi, Dalmatian, Australian or German shepherd, Husky, Doberman, Dachshund, etc. And if you want an animal of a certain breed, use the name tag, writing on it the name of the desired breed (for example, write pug if want a pug).
How to install Better Dogs texture pack
- Make sure you have Optifine installed and working correctly.
- Download the texture pack and leave it archived.
- Launch Minecraft, go to Settings.
- In the ‘Resource Packs’ section, select ‘Open resource pack folder ’.
- The ‘resourcepacks’ folder will open, copy the archive there.
- After copying, the texture pack will appear in the section of available packages. Click on it to move to the Selected Resource Packs section.
- Start a new game or load an old one. Textures will appear in all saves.