FPS+ texture pack was created specifically to optimize and increase performance of Minecraft. All textures are an exact copy of the original ones but with a decrease the resolution by half. Thus, the game will fully preserve the vanilla graphics, but it will become much faster. In this case, the difference in the quality of the graphics will be almost imperceptible, a decrease in detail can be seen only if you look at the blocks at close range.
How to install FPS+texture pack
- Make sure you have Optifine installed and working correctly.
- Download the texture pack and leave it archived.
- Launch Minecraft, go to Settings.
- In the ‘Resource Packs’ section, select ‘Open resource pack folder ’.
- The ‘resourcepacks’ folder will open, copy the archive there.
- After copying, the texture pack will appear in the section of available packages. Click on it to move to the Selected Resource Packs section.
- Start a new game or load an old one. Textures will appear in all saves.