The next snapshot of version 1.20 contains numerous changes for new content. 23w16a paid a lot of attention to the trail ruins, as they received the most criticism after the first Wild Update snapshots.
Key changes in snapshot 23w16a:
- Pottery Shards were renamed to Pottery Sherds (clay shards);
- fixed the performance of sculk sensors, which will prevent incorrect work in distant chunks;
- sniffers can be lured with torch seeds;
- several console commands have been changed.
Also, the new structure of the trail ruins received significant changes. The edits were made based on player feedback.
- added more options for generating structure;
- sand blocks are no longer generated inside, for other blocks, the loot ratio has been changed;
- reworked drop rates for different types of loot.
Due to significant changes, worlds from previous snapshots may load on the new version with generation errors.