New snapshots no longer add anycontent. The developers explain this by the fact that version 1.17 is already close to release, so they only need to adjust the game balance and fix the maximum number of bugs.
The main changes in the snapshot 21w20a:
- amethyst geodes are now really less common;
- axolotls pretend to be dead only when they are in the water;
- llamas no longer spit at the player on peaceful difficulty;
- fixed an old bug due to which blocks of snow and grass were hanging in the air;
- the data pack has been updated once again, but this time without noticeable innovations.