In the last few weeks, snapshots have been receiving minimal updates. but the world generation datapack is getting more and more interesting. This time around, players got the same set of changes.
Changes in snapshot 21w18a:
- infested blocks are no longer destroyed instantly, now they are mined twice as slowly;
- screaming mountain goats attack the player much more often than normal ones;
- fixed many bugs.
Changes to the Caves & Cliffs Preview datapack:
- copper ore spawn frequency has been reduced, since now it can be mined in large quantities from ore veins;
- the size and frequency of occurrence of ore veins were again reduced;
- increased the chance of dropping a block of raw ore in a vein;
- caves now generate below zero altitude under the oceans;
- the minimum size of noodle caves has been increased;
- shale deposits no longer occur above zero elevation;
- iron ore is now easier to find near the surface.
You can download the latest version of Caves & Cliffs Preview on our website.