Although the changes of new world generation were removed in the previous snapshot, some of the cave updates are still receiving new features. New behavior for dripstones and azalea bushes has been added this week.
The main changes in the snapshot 21w16a:
- dripstones (stalactites and stalagmites) now grow gradually if adjacent blocks come in contact with water or drops fall on them;
- dripstones do not grow in direct contact with water or other liquids;
- growth takes a long time, one stage lasts several game days;
- maximum length – 7 blocks;
- changes in azalea: an azalea tree grows from a bush fertilized with bone meal;
- the textures of the raw ore have received further changes.
The developers were pleasantly surprised by updating the official datapack, where the world generation changes are made. The following features were added to it:
- sometimes lava aquifers will be generated instead of water ones;
- added ore veins (for iron and copper).
Ore veins are large (most often elongated) accumulations of blocks with ore. Copper ones meet above zero height and mix with granite. Iron – below zero, mixed with tuff.