The first features of the upcoming Caves & Cliffs update can already be seen in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition beta. The changes apply to the mountain biome that won last year’s vote.
Mountain goats have the following features:
- spawn only in the Extreme Hills biome, but will spawn in other places in the future;
- easily climb steep slopes;
- take reduced fall damage;
- when attacking, they throw the enemy back and try to throw him off the cliff;
- have a high jump animation, which is often triggered at the most unexpected moment;
- when they collide with a tree, they can drop a piece of horn, it can be used as a horn, imitating the sound of the start of a raid;
- give milk in the same way as cows.
Also, players can test a new type of block – powder snow. It has the following properties:
- it looks almost indistinguishable from ordinary snow;
- an entity that step on this block slows down and falls through (you can even get inside the block);
- falling can be avoided with leather boots;
- mountain goats know how to distinguish this block and avoid it.
This type of snow is not generated in the beta release, it is only available in the inventory in creative mode.
Most probably, these functions will be available in the first snapshots of version 1.17 Java Edition.