Rails of War mod will add working locomotives, wagons, and all the necessary infrastructure for their movement to Minecraft. With it, you can organize a full-fledged railway network.
One of the important features of this mod is the fast construction of the railway. You will only need to specify the start and end point, and not lay each block of rails. Crafting for the mod is best viewed through JEI or NEI.
Locomotive control is implemented very realistically. You will need to throw coal into the stove and use a set of levers to set the speed and direction. The default buttons are:
- U – open the stove;
- R/F – switch to forward/backward;
- V – set to zero;
- B – activate the brake;
- Y/H/N – increase/decrease/zero traction force;
- J – train whistle;
- M – lights.
For complete immersion, you can even craft and wear a driver’s suit, which will also appear after installing Rails of War.
How to install Rails of War mod
- Make sure you have installed Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod for your version of the game.
- Put it in the ‘mods’ folder, which is located in the game folder.