Shadow Effect is a rather interesting texture pack that makes Minecraft more realistic without increasing resolution and preserving FPS. It even adds a shadow effect and looks very beautiful. But in order to fully reveal its advantages, it is better to install shaders, while even the simplest option will do. You can try combining it with different shaders for weak PCs to get the desired result.
How to install Shadow Effect texture pack
- Make sure you have Optifine installed and working correctly.
- Download the texture pack and leave it archived.
- Launch Minecraft, go to Settings.
- In the ‘Resource Packs’ section, select ‘Open resource pack folder ’.
- The ‘resourcepacks’ folder will open, copy the archive there.
- After copying, the texture pack will appear in the section of available packages. Click on it to move to the Selected Resource Packs section.
- Start a new game or load an old one. Textures will appear in all saves.