If you played on early versions of Minecraft, then you might encounter the very first shaders that could only be installed using special mods. Nostalgia shaders use a similar style, but they are well-designed and work well on new versions. You can follow the updates and get more info on the project page. There is no high-level realism here, but the original atmosphere of the game is perfectly preserved.
How to install Nostalgia shaders
- Make sure you have Optifine installed and working correctly.
- Download the shaders and leave it archived.
- Launch Minecraft, then go to Video Settings.
- In the ‘Shaders’ section, select ‘Shaders Folder’. The ‘shaderpacks’ folder will open, copy the shaders file there.
- After copying, the shader will appear in the list. Click it to choose.
- Start a new game or load an old one. Shaders will work in all saves.